An American company Leap Motion Inc manufactures computer hardware sensor device that uses hand and finger motion as inputs without any hand contact or touching. The company was founded as OcuSpec which raised 1.3 million funding in 2011 from venture capitalist firms Andreessen Horowitz, SOS Ventures and Angel Investors. Leap Motion announced in May 2012 sound funding of 12.75 M by High Land Capitals. In 2013 announced funding of $30 million. The first product was announced on May 21, 2012 called The Leap.
The Leap Motion Controller plugs into your PC and MAC with just your hand and figures you can swipe, pinch and wave to perform any task. The Leap Motion Controller tracks both hands and all 10 fingers with pinpoint precision and incredible speed. That wide-open space between you and your computer is now yours—to play, create and explore. Reach into another world without actually touching anything.
Use your hands to move in any direction, with precision. Dive into realistic, 3D interaction at its best. Steer, slice, grab, push, pull, crush, and shoot with your hands and finger. Try popular games from Airspace like Fruit Ninja, and Cut the Rope, or new experiences like the music-driven game Dropchord and first-person shooter Blue Estate. With the Leap Motion Controller, you’re the instrument. Strum, drum, sketch, draw, and paint with your fingers. Sculpt as easily as you would with clay. Paint with a real brush using Corel Painter Freestyle. Use your own drumsticks to beat a snare drum in Airbeats. Flip through a recipe for lasagna without saucing up your screen. It’s the best way to create just about anything, because you do it by hand.
You can learn about the world through 3D motion-control. Fly through 3D cities in Google Earth. Zoom around the planets in Solar Walk, take apart a skull in Cyber Science or simply catch up on the latest news in The New York Times app. When you reach into your computer, the learning never stops.
Its features are:
- It’s Sleek, light, tiny 3 inch device it doesn’t occupy any space but you can use the space above it.
- Browse web, read articles , flip through photos, listen to music only using your figure directions
- Do designing using your figure tips, play music using it.
- Play reality games , build 3D objects, you can learn about the galaxies
- The technology used is just inspired by your own hand movements
- Minimum system requirement is windows 7 or 8 or MAC OS X 10.7 Lion, AMD Phenom or Intel i3, i5 or i7 processor, 2 GB RAM, USB 2.0 Port and Internet Connection.
- Height 0.5 inches , width 1.2 inches, depth 3 inches , weight 0.1 pounds
So hurry up go and grab a piece for your pc in just 102.83 pounds